Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011: year in review

I like to take time to look back and reflect on the past year, especially when it seems to have passed by so quickly, so I hope you'll indulge me in a little (or a lot of) reminiscing. If you're new, welcome, and I hope you find something you may have missed. If you've stuck with me this past year, thank you so much for coming along for the ride. It wouldn't be nearly as fun without all of you. Here we go...


In January, I shared the Doll Suitcase I made LM for Christmas. I am sure this is how a lot of you found me since it continues to be one of my most popular posts. Later in the year, I shared the full tutorial on Prudent Baby. We also got a new cat, and I needed some silly.


In February, I shared an easy triangle pocket tutorial and pattern, did my first guest post ever for VHVT mama series, and we finally finished the dresser redo for the nursery.


In March I made a trio of doily clouds, ended the documentation of my baby bump, and the best part of the whole year - we became a family of four! I also shared my experience giving birth naturally and pain-free.


In April I adjusted to being a mama of two, LM dropped her nap so I found a creative way to keep her occupied, and I started Little Vintage Style.


In May I was tricked by a two-year-old, I appreciated my role as a mother even more, and refashioned a dress I thrifted that was 'meh' but had potential. 


In June, we blessed Lark, enjoyed our summer with shoes and without, and I turned 28 and realized there was nothing more I wanted or needed in life at that moment. 


In July, we celebrated the Fourth in non-traditional colors, I fell in love with a little feather-print dress, and I wrote a long and detailed post on making your vintage last: fabric care.


In August, we enjoyed family date nights and lazy sunday afternoons, LM turned three and we threw her a puppet shadow birthday party, I finally finished the girl's room and gave a full nursery tour, and was amused to find LM sleeping in odd places.


In September, I melted, revealed my secret to leaving the thrift without unwanted toys, LM conceptualized and helped make her first sewing project, I made 1920's felt cloches, and shared a peek into our favorite summer haunt.


In October, there were lots of pretty vintage frocks getting soaked, Lark was almost crawling, I was honored to join Ohdeedoh's Big Blog Family, and we had a darling butterfly and a cute caterpillar on Halloween.


In November, we had our family of four pictures taken, I had so much to be thankful for, the blog and shop got a new look that I LOVE, and we enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving with family. 


In December, I gave an update on LM's dance class, then I disappeared for awhile, Lark turned 9 months old and slaps people in the face, and I decided to end LVS with the closing of the year and our Christmas. Which was pretty great.

I know that was really long, but what a year! So many good memories in 2011. I also wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who supported my shop this past year. It means the world to me.

Goodbye 2011, hello 2012!

8 comments:

  1. Definitely such a good year! Loved your recap. You guys look darling in your Christmas picture by the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that doll suit case is soooo adorable. I totally pinned it!!!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for the time of LIttle Vintage Style! I'll miss it (but totally get why you have to let it go). Thanks also for all the great ideas and inspiration...I pinned a ton of the photos in this post today because so many inspired me. You are so creative and I enjoy your blog very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Im new to blogging and stumbled across your wonderful blog! Im your newest follower and would love a followback. I too make childrens clothing but completly different from yours. I love your stuff! I shared your button on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cool. I'm glad you're my sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful re-cap of your year. It is just as fun and magical seeing it all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog from instagram. Wow. I am in love! I already have so many of your projects from this post saved on interest but didn't realize they were all yours. You are a rockstar and I'm so glad I found you! Love your blog, your style and your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved scrolling through your re-cap of the year. i've just recently re-discovered your blog amongst my crazy overflowing google reader and am so happy to find this refreshing, creative, lovely space. your family is darling and you have tons of light. i love it. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete